Wednesday, August 19, 2009

baby finds her voice.s.

I have been officially unemployed for two weeks now. I have had, however, very little time to consider myself or my status - or indeed to do any writing at all. My world has been chasing the tornado that is my 10 month old daughter whose development has literally skyrocketed in a few short weeks - as has her discovery of self-expression.

Suffice it to say, the self-expression bit has not been all smiles. The least little thing - the end of a piece of string cheese for instance - has been resulting in howling storms of tears.

I must admit some of her new-found voice is intriguing. The coos of triumph when she successfully opened the cabinet; the victory cheer as she crawled on top of the sweaterbox - these were all very cool to watch. But when I took away the retractable dog leash, the only way I can describe her noises were "banshee -esque"...and I am running out of Advil.

I could not be more in love with my little girl. She is the coolest thing, bar none, that has ever happened to me. I also admit that my mom was right: genetics have passed onto this creature the boom of my own voice - I may have finally met my match!

No comments:

Post a Comment